In this course, we aim to develop new materials and to establish production systems in order to support a nation founded in science and technology. With material creation, construction of manufacturing processes, and a wide range of basic knowledge which allows coexistence with the environment on the basis of the rational use of energy, we aim to provide fundamental and comprehensive education and research that can be used to flexibly cope with complex and diversified industrial activities and changes in the natural environment.
We aim to develop researchers who can take a leading role in research/education institutes and highly skilled engineers in the industrial field. For this purpose, our department is divided into three key sections: Structural Design Engineering, Industrial Process Engineering, and Material Science.
Educational Goals (Philosophy) and Prospective Students
- Those who have a strong interest in exploring the various challenges offered in the material science and production engineering fields, and will positively engage themselves in research.
- Those who have a wide range of interests in developing interdisciplinary education programs and will make an effort to commit to working in a new field.
- Those who aim to become highly-specialized professionals who will take the initiative to lead the world.
We aim to develop highly capable intellectuals who will serve as researchers, engineers, and educators, who will accomplish many achievements in their expertise fields in Structural Design Engineering, Industrial Process Engineering, and Material Science, and who will solve future problems in society by utilizing the ability acquired through research.
- Post-graduate education focused on doctoral students motivated to solve various problems related to structural design with the aim of manufacturing diverse, larger, lighter, and highly safe structures in an economical manner.
- ost-graduate education focused on doctoral students who are motivated to solve various problems related to the exploration of various theories and technology along with creating theories concerning construction of production processes using the manufacturing of different materials, the machining method, and bio-functions.
- Post-graduate education focused on doctoral students who will be able to contribute to the development of human beings by aiming to solve various problems related to advanced technology. To this end,students will study on physical and chemical phenomena of materials in the levels of electron, molecule, or atomic sizes. Furthermore, on the basis of fundamental knowledge, they will also conduct advanced and comprehensive research and development regarding the most advanced functional materials.
Field of nucleus
◎Structural Design Engineering
The structural design engineering section conducts advanced education and research to solve various problems relating to design and construction of structures more safely and economically under the consideration of diversification, larger in size, and lighter in weight of them.
◎Industrial Process Engineering
The industrial process engineering section conducts advanced education and research in the basic industrial problems concerning various theories of the construction of production processes in the manufacturing of different materials, machining methods, and bio-functions as well as the manufacturing of various materials for use in basic processes in production of industrial products.
◎Material Science Engineering
The material science engineering section conducts advanced education and research in the physical and chemical phenomena of materials studied on an electric, particle, and atomic level. Based on fundamental knowledge, education and research is further conducted to deepen understanding of the various factors needed to perform cutting-edge, comprehensive research and development regarding a variety of functional materials.