System Information Science
In this course, we aim to foster human resources who will be able to create and develop highly specialized research covering a broad range of areas. At the end of the course, students will acquire the cutting-edge knowledge in a particular specialty along with basic knowledge related to a number of additional research fields characterized by the systematization of advanced individual technologies into the most advanced technological system.
We aim to develop human resources who can utilize their expert knowledge in system information engineering, pioneering cutting-edge research as highly specialized professionals to cope with the advancement of academic research in a wide range of areas, and be able to make contributions to the global community. For this purpose, our department is divided into three sections: Systems Control Engineering, Intelligent Information Engineering, and Environmental Systems Engineering.
Educational Goals (Philosophy) and Prospective Students
- Those who are strongly interested in acquiring expert knowledge and cutting-edge skills and are well motivated to commit themselves to research.
- Those who have the ability to pioneer a cutting-edge field, and are willing to make the effort to solve problems.
- Those who aim to become highly specialized professionals and will take the initiative in leading the world.
Research on systems control, intelligent information, and biological material science are conducted from the basic and universal perspectives of applied science. We aim to develop intellectual scientists who are, supported by deep insight and a broad range of knowledge and those who can challenge the unknown in society by utilizing their capacity to solve problems fostered by research activities.
- Post-graduate education focuses on doctorate students who are globally minded and can effectively exchange information, conduct advanced and comprehensive research and education on various problems related to the specific purpose of system control accordingly.
- Post-graduate education focuses on doctorate students who can contribute to the advancement of the advanced information oriented society of the 21st century. In order to support such an information oriented society, students conduct research and education on human thinking, problem solving, and intelligence as the language of communication and the management and processing of information and process information.
- Post-graduate education focuses on doctorate students who can contribute to the development of human beings who are able to solve various problems related to theoretically approaching and mathematical analysis of highly composite and complex systems, including the system of life phenomena or living bodies in an electronic and sub-atomic environment.
Field of nucleus
◎Division of Environmental System Engineering
Research and education characterized by the basic function of information activity, information processing, information transmission, and information management.
◎Division of Systematic Control Engineering
Research and education related to human thinking, problem solving, and intelligence such as languages to cope with communication, information management, and information processing. In other words, research and education related to the basic functions that support an advanced information-oriented society.
◎Division of Intellectual Information Engineering
Research and education to analyze various problems related to mathematical analysis and use of theory to approach highly composite complex systems as well as systems of life phenomena, and living bodies in an electronic and sub-atomic environment.