Science and Engineering
Admissions Policy of the Graduate School of Science and Engineering
- The philosophy of the Graduate School of Science and Engineering is“to develop truth-loving, highly-ethical, self-motivated individuals who rise up to meet challenges and contribute to the development of regional and international communities through the creation of an education and research system and framework that meets the demands of the times.” In order to live up to this philosophy, we have set for ourselves the goal of“developing capable people who study and teach the most recent academic theories and findings in the science and engineering fields. From the basics to practical application, we will go as deep as we can with scientific inquiry and contribute to the development of human civilization.” In order to achieve this goal, one further goal is necessary:“To provide engineers, researchers, and highly-specialized, next-generation professionals who possess the sound ethical judgment necessary to confront contemporary issues, comprehensive knowledge about the nature around us, and who will respond extensively and flexibly to the advancement and diversification of natural science.”
- Prospective Students
- Those who share the philosophy of the Graduate School of Science and Engineering and possess the enthusiasm to put that philosophy into practice, those who have basic scholastic ability, those who think in a scientific and rational manner, and those who can communicate effectively.
- Those who possess an intensely inquiring mind, are keenly interested in science and engineering issues, and will spare no effort in overcoming challenges.
- Those who are intent on acquiring the skills needed to plan a multifaceted scientific observation program and to conduct logical analysis with results to analyze a wide variety of phenomena in the science and engineering fields.
- Those who have the desire to apply the specialized knowledge acquired here for the betterment of the local and the international communities, who embrace diverse cultures and values, and those who possess high moral standards.